Coffee Subscription (coming soon)!
At this point in 2019, who doesn't have a monthly subscription to at least one service? Between Netflix, Amazon, countless meal delivery services, etc. So, why are you still buying your coffee the old-fashioned way?
A coffee subscription not only saves you time and money, but it also the best way to bring some extra pleasure to your morning cup of coffee and help expand your coffee palate. Even if you are not a coffee drinker, a coffee subscription makes a great gift—perfect for the coffee connoisseur in your life that already has everything.
As such, South Street Coffee is excited to announce our new subscription service (coming soon)! When you sign up, you can choose what coffee you want and how much of it you want. You can select up to three different kinds of beans to be delivered every two weeks or once a month.
Why Buy Local?
- People who take the good time and trouble to start a coffee roasting company care about the quality of the beans. We care about how they are roasted and care about the quality of the coffee that our customers are going to drink.
- There is such a thing as ethical consumption. You can actually do good through a self-interested action, namely that of consumption of certain goods if you do it in the right way. All of our beans are single origin, organic, and Fair Trade or Rainforest Alliance certified. When sourced from a Fair Trade producer, a fair price is paid to the farmer who grew them and the people who work there. You're helping to stimulate the economy of places where people live on a few dollars a day. A Rainforest Alliance certification seal indicates that the farm has been audited to meet standards that require environmental, social, and economic sustainability. Farmers must keep an eye on their farm's many social, environmental, and economic facets. Certified farms are good neighbors and good employers. They do not use forced labor or engage in labor discrimination, and they protect the health and well-being of all of their workers. Minors below the age of 15 years cannot be hired by a certified farm. Workers are paid at least the legal minimum wage and overtime rates of the country where the farm is located, and they have access to safe drinking water, healthcare, and education. Community rights, including the rights of indigenous peoples, are fully respected.
- Instead of lining the pockets of some multinational company, which may (read, almost certainly) have questionable business practices, then you're buying a product from a producer in your local community. This means the money you spend is also doing good for your neighborhood.
Specifications of the program:
- An initial 3-month payment, with recurring 3-month payments for as long as you are subscribed.
- 15% member discount off of the retail cost of the beans.
- Personalize your beans by indicating special roasting instructions and the type of grind you would like if you prefer pre-ground coffee.
- Completely secure and encrypted credit card processing.
- Free local delivery, otherwise securely shipped via USPS.